Sunday, June 6, 2010

Packing Extravaganza!



In case you don't know it, my name is Allison Bette Campbell and I'm going to be a part of the Walt Disney World College Program from June 2010 through January 2011. I have an awesome job working in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as a Fairy Godmother in Training!

This is where I get to work every day!

My non-Disney friends and family might be wondering, "What exactly does a FGIT do?" Easy, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a place where little girls can come and be transformed into a princess! The FGITs style these little princesses hair, do their makeup and makeup and sprinkle them with pixie dust before they go. Girls can also buy a princess dress at the Boutique and have their picture taken. For more information, check it out at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/



I have less than a week until I leave for the biggest adventure of my young life so far.

When did I start packing, you ask?

Oh, just this week. That may not seem like it's super late, but I am chronically early and over-prepared so waiting this long was WAY out of character for me. No worries though, things still got done in plenty of time. I did take over the entirety of our dining room with my sprawling luggage. God help us if there's a fire in the house in the next three days, we'll never get out alive!

For those of you who are CPs awaiting your time to come to the Happiest Place on Earth, there is a super helpful packing list on the Disney recruiting website. I always recommend packing from a list; it helps you prioritize items and gives you a starting point.

I know nobody enjoys packing, so why not make it less painful?

Since all the tedious packing is done, the rest of this week is going to be really low-key. There are a lot of friends and family to visit and say goodbye to and lots of thumb-twiddling. I'm sure I'll be getting antsy soon enough! (Well, antsier than I have been all week already!) If you want more regular, real-time updates follow me on Twitter or check out my Facebook.

Until next time, have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment